Sunday, March 15, 2009

California Trip Continued

Even though it has been three weeks since we went to California, I thought I should do one more blog. On Friday night we went to the Observatory where I got to hang out with Albert Einstein.


On Saturday after the key flushing we went to the Getty Museum with my mom.






These were so cool. From a distance they looked like trees, but really it is a plant growing up through rusted rebar.

Does anyone know what type of plant this is? It has green flowers that look like leaves.

This is the coolest painting there. The pin that is going through the insect is an actual huge metal pin that holds the painting to the wall. You can go on a walkway over the painting and look down and see the pin sticking in the wall.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh you and mom posing is so picture perfect :) i love that museum. i wanna go, but i guess i wont this summer. i wouldnt like to take ambrose... or a new baby. well, we did take ambrose when he was a new baby...hmmm..... nah. i'll do it later.

anyway, looks like a fun trip!

Jessica F. said...

What a great trip!!! How fun to be with your mom!

Alli said...

I LOVE that place.

bettyjh said...

The museum was so fun! I can never get enough of the Getty. For those who are wondering if I always wear a fetching little suit when I go to a museum, the answer is no. I went to the LA Temple when Ben & Ashley left for home. I must say though, I felt it appropriate to be dressed up while paying my respects to some of the great masterpieces at the museum.

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, those pictures are so awesome and I love the one with the ant pinned to the wall. I wish I could have gone!

Mauri said...

I'm sorry about your keys, but that story is too funny! The cabinets look fantastic in black, love them!

Brittany said...

I think you may have deserted this blog but if you check it ever again... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BEN TODAY!

Stephanie said...

hey blog slacker- how about an update, some hawaii pictures, a friendly (even short) catch up of some sort.... geez. :)

Hema and Becky said...

What cool pictures. I love the plants in (or on) the water. Looks like a fun trip!