Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Utah State Fair!

Ben and I went to the Utah State Fair yesterday with his parents.  One of our favorite parts was the cows.  Seriously, there were some nice looking cows, so we had to take a few pictures. This cow is licking the inside of his neighbors ear.This picture is a tribute to Stephanie and Trixie.There were some cool flower displays.  I was going to steal this one, because it would go well in our kitchen.This picture would have been a lot better with three people in it.  We should have asked the irritated little girl waiting for us to jump in.  This sculpture is made of butter.  Someone has a little too much time on their hands.  There was an information poster next to it which said it would take an average person two lifetimes to consume this amount of butter.  My absolute favorite part of the fair was the 4H displays.  Apparently you can turn in almost anything when you are a kid and win a prize.  There was one kid who submitted Lego Indiana Jones riding his motorcycle that won a first prize ribbon.  Since I bought Jackson that exact thing for his birthday I know for a fact that it comes in about 3 pieces and takes about 5 seconds to put together.  Ben is going to enter a melty bead creation similar to this one next year. 
 
We also loved people watching at the fair. We took quite a few pictures of the interesting people we saw, but to keep our blog from being too rude here is just one picture of our favorite person there.

10 comments:

The Pixton Family said...

I seriously love the fair! I'm glad you went.

Katie said...

Seriously - I thought you'd forgotten how to use a computer! thanks for the blog. we miss you!

Stephanie said...

hey! there you are :) love the frilly skirt lady- yo ushould have asked her where you could get one for your sister stephanie... oh yeah, thanks for bringing up the painful bunny memories! haha!

Lisah said...

I am glad to see you are still alive!!! Looks like a lot of fun at the fair! Did you get a job?

Jessica said...

Sounds like so much fun! I think you should have totally stolen the flower arrangement! We love to people watch too:) too much fun!

Jessica F. said...

I LOVE the fair! I am totally jealous! I am pretty sure I went almost every year! It is the best place to eat junk, look at stuff you can't find ANYWHERE else, and of course to people watch!

Emily said...

Ditto on Katie's comment! My favorite thing at the fair is the cows. Did you guys get a deep fried peanut butter & jelly sandwich?

Kami Schultz said...

I guess that butter sculpture was worth ditching me for... :)

Lauren said...

That lady looks like she belongs in mine and Emily's old room at AG2, behind the door on the freak wall! Remember that?!

Amy said...

I too have been to the Utah State fair and I think that final picture captures perfectly the gloriousness that is the UT State Fair! Miss you!