Lincoln has always loved music. Even when I was pregnant I could feel him dancing when there was loud music playing. One time I didn't feel him move for a full day and I had tried everything to get him to move. Finally Ben put headphones on my stomach and turned up the volume and within seconds he was moving around. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that he has become a music snob. When we are driving around in the car he will yell "No" if he doesn't like the song that is playing on the radio. Sometimes I have to change the station a few times until he hears one that is suitable. Now I don't know if he actually knows what he is doing, or if he just likes to yell, but I think he does since I have noticed a pattern in what he will agree to listen to. It has to be loud, have a good beat, and he wants to be able to dance to it. So, in conclusion he actually has really bad taste in music. We end up listening to a lot of hip hop, rap, and top 40 type songs while he rocks out in his car seat. His dancing involves a lot of head bobbing, moving his shoulders back and forth, and sticking his pointer fingers up in the air. Now some people might point out that I am the parent and I have control of what is playing, but I love that at 18 months he already knows what he likes.
Here is a picture of him staring blankly at me in his new car I bought for $20 off of KSL. Please notice clutched in his hand is his motorcycle that he always has to have with him.
8 comments:
That's awesome. Ellie likes music with a good beat too!
I love that kids care. Sterling Henry likes rap as well as bagpipe music, so it could be worse.
Love the car! Love Lincoln!
Love that you finally found a Cozy Car on-line for Lincoln!
I wonder what would happen if we got Ambrose and Lincoln together in the car. Would Lincoln like Black Sabbath? :) I love the motorcycle constant companion. He's such a boy. Precious!
I loved this post Ash! I love Lincoln too.
Cute little opinions.
That sounds like a little boy who should be in the backseat of my car...I'm all about car dancing. Good for Lincoln!
Lincoln can come play with my boys any time!
Post a Comment