Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hiking Timp

When Ben was 16 he and three of his best friends made a time capsule and buried it in a meadow on Mt. Timpanogos. For those of you not from around here, Timp is the big mountain that looks over our county. Last Wednesday they decided to hike Timp and find the time capsule.


Here are the boys headed up the mountain.

Digging up the Time Capsule

And look it was still there after 14 years

Ben is so lucky to have such a great group of friends for all these years.

8 comments:

Brittany said...

That is the coolest thing! Are they in a movie or something? Seriously! I want to know what was inside.

My Life as a Dog said...

Yeah, what was in it?!

Angie said...

awww! i feel so lucky to have been friends with these guys. miss you boys!

Emily said...

Wow that is the feel good post of the year!

Hema and Becky said...

The coolest part of this story is that they cactually found it after so long. I can't believe they remembered where it was and no one else had found it. What a cool thing. I too am wondering what they had inside!

Ashley said...

I just asked Ben what was inside the time capsule and he said "None of your business" and then smiled and walked away. I am assuming it was something lame or illegal.

kimball said...

What would anybody put in a time capsule at age 16?

Julie Kaye said...

What is awesome is that they were able to find it after 14 years!! GPS is kinda new!! Good job fellas!