Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cabinets

Ben and I had our cabinets redone in our kitchen. They used to be a light maple ugly yellow brown color, but now they are black! I know what you are thinking..black? really? Yes, really and it looks good. Next we are painting our living room and the rest of the kitchen a tannish color. If you have been to our place before you know that one of the walls in our kitchen is painted a deep red, so it is all going to look amazing.


For Christmas I bought Ben a Lego VW Bug that had over 1600 pieces. It only took him a couple of days to finish and here is the final product.

17 comments:

Roeckers said...

Wow Ash and Ben I really like your new kitchen!! I want it!
Amazing patience Ben! I think I would have last all of two hours trying to put pieces together, of course I probably would have half of them missing by then!

TrinEthan said...

love the black cabinets!

mckay said...

I LOVE your kitchen!

I am so glad you blogged...I have been missing you. Please email me all your info (phone #, email address, and address) I have a gift I want to send and I want to talk to you. Also, Amber is getting married, so I will be in UT in April. Let's get together!

McCoy said...

Hey Ashley and Ben, your place looks very good!! I didnt get the chance to see it before but it looks good. I was thinking we should do something soon since i'm 7 months prego and want to hang out before i have 2 kids and my life becomes crazy! I miss you!!

Stephanie said...

i am always amazed at how different cabinets can make a place look when they are re-done! (like on home improvement shows and the like) i never thought your place looked out-dated, but now i am amazed at how brand new the whole kitchen looks just because of the cabinets!

looks great guys!

and good job on the bug ben- pretty dang awesome too!

Lisah said...

Love it ASh

Natalie said...

They look so good! I love the light counters with the black- awesome!

My Life as a Dog said...

Like the black cabinets. Bold choice but they look great.

Jessica F. said...

They look fabulous! I LOVE the contrast!

Emily said...

They look great. Can you come do ours??

Alicia said...

I love the way your cabinets turned out. It changes the whole look of your place. I can't wait to see it in person. Someday...

Annalise said...

Love the cabinets and your kitchen decor!

But why are you ignoring me???

Marcus Lane said...

Black is so in right now-good choice!

The Pixton Family said...

Your cabinets look fantastic! I want to do my kitchen cabinets black also!

Hema and Becky said...

Wow, that looks great! I have been wnating to paint my cabinets. Did you do it yourself?? I could use some pointers!

Jessica said...

I love your cabinets! Now the question is...did you have them done or did you do them yourself? I just painted my bedroom set black and love it...maybe I'll do my kitchen...or maybe not!
Jessica

Ashley said...

For all of you impressed with our painting skills, we did not do them ourselves. We are not that talented.